Why I Am Frugal…..
Frugal Christian Living. That’s pretty much what this little blog is all about. I wanted to do a post listing some of the reasons why I am frugal.
But before that.
Please let it be known that I struggle with plenty of things. Plenty. If you only knew. 🙂 (So thankful to Jesus Christ who has covered EVERY one!)
I say that because I don’t want it to sound like I have everything “figured out.” I don’t. You probably have a much better list than this one! (In fact, feel free to add to the list in the comments section below! I’m sure we would all be encouraged!)
Okay, now here’s my list!
Reasons “Why” I’m Frugal……
- To honor the Lord. Everything we have is the Lord’s. He has entrusted us with our money and possessions, and we want to be wise and good stewards of everything He gives us!
- To honor my husband. I don’t know about you, but my husband is pretty wonderful. He works HARD. I don’t want to be wasteful with the hard-earned money he brings home. I respect him way more than that.
- To be able to stay at home with and train our children. Training our children in the ways of the Lord is of UTMOST IMPORTANCE to us. In order to do this though, we had to give up my income, and work to be frugal with what we have!
- Because I just don’t care. I don’t care that my car is the oldest and ugliest one in the lot. In fact, it kind of cracks me up. My self-worth and identity are found in Jesus Christ…..I have been forgiven, and I am His! I am blessed beyond imagination! So PLEASE, don’t ever feel sorry for me because my 1992 black Crown Victoria has sun spots all over it. I kind of like them. They add character…. If I cared, I would have bought a better looking vehicle long ago, (and honestly, it would make me SICK to pay hundreds of dollars each month on a car payment when I don’t need to!)
- For the benefit of our church family. It’s not uncommon in our church body for $100 bills to be passed around. The attitude is, “Oh, you have a need?? Here. I’d be glad to help you.” I could give you several instances where thousands of dollars have been passed around. This kind of love is so real. It’s so amazingly…….Biblical. Being frugal allows us to save and be a part of it!!
- So we can give to needs greater than our own all over the world. What needs could I be saving for? Well, my carpet is gross. It even has gum in it in some spots. I really don’t like it. Sometimes I’m even embarrassed by it. I’d love to have a new hard wood floor. On the other hand, there are children being kidnapped for sex trafficking all over the world. There are people going without food, and their stomachs are extended to prove it. Worse yet, there are people dying every day without the gospel.
I can live with gum in my carpet.
“For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.” Matthew 6:21
Being frugal together with you for the Glory of God,