Top Tip Tuesday: Consignment Sale Tips
Have you gotten involved with the “Consignment Sale Craze” yet? If not… you totally should!! It’s amazing how much money you can make, and the great finds that are just WAITING for you!!
These sales are ALL OVER the country… just google “consignment sale + (your city)” and they should pop right up!!
Someone had asked for a list of my “best” tips… so here goes!
Start a “PILE”- Find a spot (out of the way- I use my little guy’s closet) where you can “dump” things to sell as you find them. Don’t worry, you can always change your mind later!
Start tagging EARLY and a LITTLE BIT AT A TIME– Our tags print out six per sheet, so I like to find six items, enter them, tag them, and put them in a BLACK TRASH BAG. Do this a little bit every day or so, and you will be AMAZED at the amount of items you will find to sell!!
Don’t forget to clean out these spots:
- kid’s toy boxes (toys do REALLY well!)
- kid’s clothes
- kid cups/plates, etc.
- Dress up clothes/Costumes
- bedding (I’ve sold toddler bedding, crib sheets, baby blankets, sleeping bags, and even queen size bedding in the “Mom Spot”)
- VHS & DVD’s
- Puzzles (I usually sell about half my stash and buy replacements at the sale!)
- Big Stuff- CHECK YOUR GARAGE!! Ride on toys/strollers/baby equipment/furniture, etc. do AWESOME!
- Home Decor
“Where is the best place to buy……?”
- Hangers- Call your mom, your mother in law, and your sister……you would be shocked at the amount of hangers you can get this way! The Goodwill usually sells bunches of 10 hangers for $.50 (This is where I get most of mine).
- Cardstock (for tags)- Walmart is much cheaper than the “Office” stores
- Safety Pins– DollarTree has packets of 200 for $1.00! They aren’t the best quality, but that’s alright! (Next best would be Hobby Lobby with a 40% off coupon)
- Tagging Gun– (optional) This is my first year to have one of these, and they are AWESOME!! A friend of mine just got hers off eBay for $4.00…… now THAT’S a deal!
Here’s what my tagging gun looks like…(FYI) 🙂
These little zip tie type things are great for shoes, and certain toys (Dollar store, Home Depot, Office Stores)
Well, I think that’s it! If you have any other questions, feel free to ask in the “Comments” section…… I’m by no means an expert, but I have definitely done it before!!
(To find out more about the sale I am involved in:)
Visit the StorkLady’s website…..HERE
Visit her Facebook page… HERE
or read all about my experience… HERE