Top Tip Tuesday: My Favorite Things to Buy After Christmas….
Ahh, the week after Christmas. The “big” excitement is over, but we are still basking in a sea of gifts, some of them still in packaging. I like this week. There is still New Year’s to look forward to, and until then I will forever be in “Christmas Mode”….
I know there are some great deals going on out there in the world, but I’m not one who is willing to leave the house for them.
I like my warm cozy little haven.
After New Years I’ll probably mosey on out to “The Mart” to see what’ up. And when I do, HERE’S what I’ll be looking for……
Gift Sets. The 70% off kind. I’m talking was $10.00, now $2.50 version.
I’ll save some of them for next year…. (sorry Sis, I really did mean to spend more on you this year……)
I’ll get some little “girly” pinkish ones for my 6-year-old sweetie to take to her friend’s birthday parties….
And I’ll use some of them for those fun little “Personal” Bridal Showers.
Because a honeymoon just isn’t a honeymoon without “Hot Cocoa” Body Lotion.
Trust me. 🙂
A little “Gingerbread Latte” would be much appreciated as well….
I’m just sayin’.
(And who knew you spent just $2.50 on such a wonderful gift??)
SOME OTHER THINGS I’LL LOOK FOR:
- “Manly” gift sets (travel bags, manicure sets, etc)
- Blue decor (I decorate in Blue Snowman/Snowflake after Christmas in order to avoid immediate depression:)
- Christmas candies (M&M’s, kisses) if I think I can use them for baking
- Bed Sheets (One year I got penguin & snowflake Jersey T-Shirt Sheets for $5.00 per set after Christmas….I’ve had my hopes up to find them every year since)
- Extension Cords (They often have green ones left over- I don’t care what color they are, as long as they work!)
- Ornaments (I would love to get some Kohl’s ornaments at 70% off to put on the outside of some gifts next year….how cute would that be?!)
For me…..it’s not worth it until it goes at least 70% off!!!!! And once it goes up to 90% off…..I’m a gone er’.
(And by the way, if anyone out there happens to notice things have hit 70% at any given store…..I would love you forever if you would let me know. Like I already do:)
And because I know you love new baby squishy-ness as much as I do…..
This is Levi on Christmas Eve. He’s my newest nephew.
There is nothing better than new baby squishy-ness at Christmas time. I don’t think I could be any more thankful to the Lord right now for him.
When I look at that picture, on sale gift sets don’t matter anymore.
(But I’ll be buying them, just the same:)
So thankful to the Lord right now,