Menu Monday: How I fed 21 people for $11.07
We had our youngest little guy’s 2 year birthday party after church yesterday. My husband’s family came over….twenty-one people! The whole meal cost approx $11.07, that’s only 52 cents per person! Here’s how I did it…. (By the way, OF COURSE everything was bought at Save-A-Lot)
- Ground Turkey ($1.39 x 2)
- Hunts Spaghetti Sauce ($.79 x 3) I stocked up at $.79, but it’s back up to $.99 now. Sorry if you missed it! 🙂
- Add Pantry Spices to Taste (garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, brown sugar….whatever you feel like!)
- Spaghetti Noodles ($.79 x 3) Noodles are still this price- time to stock up!
- 3 Cans ($.39 x 3) THEY STILL HAVE SOME AT THIS PRICE!! Get them before they jump back up!!!
- 1 Onion (pantry item)
- Pantry spices (onion powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper, white sugar, beef bouillon cubes, bacon or saved bacon grease) Just so you know, my green bean juice is good enough to drink on its own. 🙂 (right, Aaron?)
- Hot dog buns ($1.19ish x2) -add butter, garlic, & parsley flakes (I also used 1/2 pack left over buns, but probably should have had a whole other pkg)
Okay, so the totals were:
- Spaghetti- $7.52 total
- Green Beans- $1.17 total
- Bread- $2.38 total
- TOTAL MEAL: $11.07……52 cents per person!!
It was so easy that I had stocked up most of these items, I only had to buy the Ground Turkey, and Hot Dog Buns ($5.16 to spend when it came to party time!) ….and FYI, to feed just one family this entire meal would cost $4.55 (approx.).
Just a side note, when it came to gifts, I had already bought them at THE SALE (which I’m going to announce and talk about on WEDNESDAY!)…
- Brand New Talking Dump Truck – $1.00
- Elmo Answering Machine/Phone- $4.00
- Brand New Elmo Musical Plush- $4.00
Can’t wait to tell you more about it!
Feeding frugally for the Glory of God,