Menu Monday: Quick Chicken Parmigiana
Allow me to introduce to you Mr. Wonderful’s favorite Sunday afternoon meal. I totally “dig” it, too…. but only because it is so amazingly EASY.
Maybe it’s just me, but after church on Sunday I always tend to feel……
Don’t ask me why, it’s not like a just ran a marathon or something.
So when my Mr. Wonderful ever so kindly suggests that “we haven’t had that chicken with sauce over spaghetti meal in a while”……. I want to kiss him. Several times.
On the lips.
QUICK CHICKEN PARMIGIANA (which is a bit of a stretch seeing as there is absolutely NO parmigiana involved in my version)
- Chicken patties
- 1 Can Spaghetti Sauce
- Spaghetti Noodles (I use 1/2 box)
In a skillet, fry your chicken patties in a “bit” of oil. Then pour a can of spaghetti sauce over the whole thing. Cover with lid and let simmer until the noodles are done cooking.
Serve over spaghetti noodles.
And even better…..here is a breakdown of what the meal cost:
- Chicken Patties $2.00 (used 1/2 package of one of the “Pick 5″ meats from Save-A-Lot)
- Spaghetti Noodles $.40 (I use 1/2 box, which were $.79 @ Save-A-Lot- save the rest for next time!)
- Sauce $.79 (I stocked up at this price, it is usually $.99)
- Green Beans for side dish $.39 (I stocked up at this price, usually $.49)
GRAND TOTAL: $3.58 !!!!!
**Note** Mine was not anywhere NEAR this fabulous looking……
**It’s much more “saucy” in real life!!!**
Hope someone will be able to use this! (By the way, you really could use ANY kind of chicken….)
Love you more than chicken parmigiana without parmigiana,